Gua sha is a traditional healing and lifting technique that has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine. This stone is made from black obsidian and has several different uses to sculpt, lift, de-puff, improve overall skin tone, and promote relaxation and blood circulation in the skin. Refer to the visual guiding you through the graceful and effective application of this remarkable tool. Use only light, slow, gentle strokes on the skin.
1. To begin, it is important to begin the gua sha routine by opening up the lymphatic system. First, take the groove end of the gua sha tool and begin at the base of the back of the neck: you want your spine to be in center with the groove. From there you will glide the tool in upwards motions, stopping at the base of your skull. Next, you will take the textured side of the gua sha tool & proceed in upwards motions, starting below your ear & gliding down to the collarbone. You will repeat this process on both sides, lightly gliding the stone with minimal pressure. You can return to the groove end when going over the middle of the throat but in an upward motion-it is key to maintain light pressure when doing so.
2. Starting at the base of your neck, slide the textured side of the gua sha tool and guide the tool in upward strokes toward your chin, using light pressure at a 30-45 degree angle. Repeat this movement on all sides of your neck - including the back of the neck for additional tension relief. The back of the neck can handle more firm pressure.
3. From the base of your chin, take the small, flat edge of the gua sha tool and glide in an upward and outward motion towards the center of your ear.
4. Using the smaller sides and grooves on the gua sha tool will allow you to focus on specific angles of your face, i.e. the under eye area, cheeks, forehead, and jawline.
5. After you've finished your series of stroke movements, start in the center of the forehead with the textured side of the tool and glide outward, making your way down the face, all the way to the base of your neck.
For the latest products, new and founder favorites.